Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lactation Problems?

Many of us are aware of all of the nutritional and developmental benefits that our baby will get when we breastfeed. However, what if you are breastfeeding but you are not producing enough? Check out this list of things that you can do to boost your milk supply.


Lactation Cookies

One thing that I absolutely love is cookies. When I found out that their are cookies that can help your milk supply I was all for it. A good brand for you to try are Milkmakers Lactation Cookies.

You can also make your own lactation cookies if you would like. Check out the Lactation Boosting Cookie recipe here.


Oatmeal

Moms everywhere are finding that oatmeal helps increase the amount of milk that you produce. I was so determined to produce more milk that I ate oatmeal for breakfast and lunch. I must say that I did see a difference in my milk supply

Greens

Greens give your body the essential nutrients that it needs to make more milk for your baby. In fact, super foods such as kale can give you more then your recommended daily value of nutrients. Including vitamin K, A, and E. Vital to a healthy milk supply.

Fenugreek

Fenugreek is a great supplement that assists in increasing your milk supply. You can take it in capsule form or tea form. You can have fenugreek delivered right to your door from Amazon.


Flax seeds

Another food that you can use to help to increase your milk supply is flax seeds. Many people use flax seeds in place of eggs for baking. You can simply get 3 tbl spoons of water and add 2 tbl spoons of flax seeds. Bring it to a boil. And, you can substitute that for one egg in any of your baking recipes. You can also find flax seeds on Amazon.


Water

It is very important that while you are breast feeding to make sure that you drink enough water. I made that mistake with my first pregnancy and my milk supply dried up. So drink your water.


I hope that you experience an increase in your milk production! Happy nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment